South City Community School is an independent, urban Christian school in St. Louis, Missouri. Our curriculum and educational approach are based on the work of several key mentors, especially the 19th century British educator, Charlotte Mason. Ms. Mason’s philosophy and methods are based on her biblical worldview of children, families, God and school. Please read more here about our mission, vision, and educational approach.
Teaching Positions for the 2017-2018 school year
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood, or a related field is required. Teacher’s certification in MO or a reciprocal state is recommended. Experience teaching in an independent or public school may be considered in lieu of certification. A flexible schedule and willingness to work with multiple grades is desired. The compensation for this position is $12 per hour. SCCS offers small class sizes and a supportive faculty environment.
Priority attributes/skills for all positions:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that embraces a Biblical worldview
- Evidence of a demonstrated Christian lifestyle and regular church attendance
- A passion for South City Community School’s mission and vision
- A knowledge of or willingness to learn the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education
- A desire for and understanding of working in a diverse urban context
Application process for ALL positions is as follows:
- Familiarize yourself with SCCS’ website and the Charlotte Mason educational philosophy
- Email your resume and a little about your background / interest in the position
- Introductory visit to the school and classroom observation (~1 hr)
- Complete SCCS employment application (we will email this to you after your intro visit)
- Formal interview with the school administration
- Classroom teaching under observation (~1 hr)
Please contact Brandy Greiner, Director of Education at email@example.com for more information or to apply.